This Earth Day, we at Vertilux are reminded that environmental sustainability is all about creating products that serve our market and its social functions with minimal impact on the environment.
At the core of Vertilux is our promise to remain active proponents and advocates of a clean and healthy environment both for our customers and the ecosystem. We continue to develop environmentally friendly and sustainable products that are high quality, performance-driven fabrics, and remain equally functional and available at a competitive cost. Such products are made using substances known to be safe for both humans and the environment.
Healthy Choice fabric, such as our Pledge FR fabric, is a healthy and sustainable fabric solution made largely of PLA (Poly Lactic Acid); glucose extracted from natural, renewable sources like sugar cane, beets or corn and transformed into biodegradable polymer apt to produce yarn. Pledge FR is a 100% recyclable fabric made up of materials that do not contain restricted substances or Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC) and are free of PVC, halogen, antimony, and lead. Our Pledge FR fabric is also the first of our fabrics to achieve a Cradle to Cradle™ Silver Certification.
Pledge FR is largely made of PLA (Poly Lactic Acid). Glucose extracted from renewal sources such as sugar cane, beets or corn, is transformed into biodegradable polymer apt to produce yarns. Pledge FR also contains a significant amount of post-consumer recycled PET.
• Innovative composition: 76% PLA + 24 recycled PET.
• 100% recyclable fabric.
• Cradle to Cradle™ Silver Certified, our first fabric to achieve this level.
• Fabric made up of materials that do not contain restricted substances or Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC) listed in the European Union REACH regulation.
• Free of PVC, halogen, antimony, and lead.
• Compliant with the most stringent fire regulations: M1 and NFPA certificate.
• Avoids glare and reflection.
• 2% openness factor, ideal for privacy.